Many people prefer ceramic tiles for their visual appeal, variety, cost-effectiveness, among other reasons. Some reasons why ceramic tiles are the first choice for many customers are:
- Our customers enjoy the endless variety available with ceramic tile and it is an excellent budget friendly choice for your kitchen and bathroom remodel.
- They are more budget friendly than porcelain.
- They are best used on walls.
- They are available in huge variety of modern designs.
- Subway tiles are mostly ceramic and can be found in many shapes and sizes. They are also not as heavy as a standard porcelain tile making them excellent on walls but not the best choice for floors.
How To Maintain Your Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic tiles are very convenient and easy to maintain if you follow certain do’s and don’ts, which includes:
- Sweep or vacuum often
- Clean your tile floor with a mild detergent or tile cleaner
- Clean up spill immediately
- Use felt protectors under your furniture
- Use acid cleaners as they may damage the grout and glazed surface
- Use oil soaps or wax for cleaning
- Slide heavy furniture or appliances on your floor
Commonly Asked Questions
Having the right know-how can help you make the right decision while choosing ceramic tiles. The following are some commonly asked questions about ceramic tiles.
• What are ceramic tiles made from?
Ceramic tiles are made from clay which is heated on high temperatures in a kiln. This process hardens the clay.
• How Are Porcelain Tiles Different From Ceramic Ones?
Porcelain tiles are a subtype of ceramic tiles, which are made from light-coloured clay. Most ceramic tiles, on the other hand, are made from red or white clay. Porcelain tiles are more durable and moisture-resistant than the ceramic tiles.
• Where can I install ceramic tile?
Ceramic tiles can be installed anywhere as they can be used both indoors and outdoors. They are commonly used in kitchens and bathrooms.
• Can I Use Ceramic Tiles Outdoors?
While ceramic tiles are not the typical outdoor settings choice, you can use ceramic tiles outdoors, provided they have certain features. To start with, the ceramic tiles must be frostproof and unglazed, especially if you plan to use them as floor tiles. Additionally, the absorption rate of the tiles should not exceed 0.5%.
• Should I Use a Sealer on My Ceramic Tile?
A ceramic tile is usually glazed, which makes them stain-proof. Thus, putting on a sealer is not of much use. In fact, it would be almost redundant to put a sealer on a ceramic tile in most cases.
Call Us Today
If you are looking for quality ceramic tiles in Calgary, speak to us today . We also offer tile installation services ; visit our page to learn more.